Thursday 25 October 2012

Why am I blogging?

I have been playing with the idea for a while now... Why blog?

I feel that as I am now officially a university student and a computing one at that, I should embrace this new form of communication, after all what is the internet for in this day and age, if not to publish ones life through blogging or some other social networking forum.

What do I feel is different between me and the other students? Why would anybody be interested in reading MY BLOG?

I am a "mature" student, I have two children, and I am on my own trying to do this... I hear you all drawing in that breath of dread and horror... "how could one person possibly pass a degree, raise two somewhat normally functioning children and manage a household all on her own....". Well breathe easy my readers because I failed to mention that I am SUPER WOMAN!!



OK, so maybe that is wishful thinking, though I would love to have her non stretched stomach (perils of carrying offspring).... WAIT I digress, which I do so very easily and often I blame it on my neural receptors not wanting to fire in the direction that they should be or possibly my age... Nah! I going with my first excuse.

Anyway my journey will be one of perils and strife's, hardships and victories, peaks and troths... hopefully mixed with plenty of wine and yummy nibbles. I am as  excited as you are too see where this next chapter in my life will lead, as the others (some of which should be edited or permanently deleted) has lead me to where I am today:
New pencil case in hand, blank notepad at the ready and a slightly aged mind ready to be educated (again). Slight correction here for the sake of actually being accurate, this is where I was 6 weeks ago but that is a story for another blog tomorrow when the fist 6 weeks of my journey into Higher Education is complete.

Take care for now and remember

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. 
Will Durant






Quote Reference:
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_education.html#Y5ziufT0IaGo4u6I.99 



No comments:

Post a Comment